Life Serial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite / least favorite Buffy seasons?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Favorite / least favorite Buffy seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite / least favorite Buffy seasons?   Favorite / least favorite Buffy seasons? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 9:07 pm

How do you order the Buffy series from favorite to least favorite? Based upon of course the season you like to watch most over and over again.

I won't add a poll to this thread because I want real replies with real opinions and explanations for your choices of favorites and least favorites. Sometimes all people do is vote on the poll if there is a poll.

For my preference, I would order them 6, 7, 5, 2, 4, 3 and last 1. Four and two are sort of interchangeable. There's a bunch of episodes in four I really enjoy but the Spike, Drusilla and Angelus chronicles in two make it difficult to choose.

Six wins because... Do I need to explain? Andrew. Warren. Jonathan. Trio. Spike and Buffy. I think you can pretty much see where I am going with this. I do believe that seven tied things together nicely in the end as well. I disagree that it was a weak season.

The seasons I believe to be the weakest are in fact three and one. Obviously one for the simple fact that that it was so short and the characters and storyline were still being introduced, making it entirely understandable. Three because I was never a huge fan of Faith and I grew tired of the Faith / Mayor versus Buffy, the good slayer versus the bad slayer idea and the still in high-school with Cordy and her bad attitude storylines. The Mayor himself was entertaining in his own unique way but as an entirety three simply wasn't my choice for seasons. Both three and one did have their high-points however.
Back to top Go down
https://trio.darkbb.com
Ravenna Zane
Admin
Ravenna Zane

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Favorite / least favorite Buffy seasons?   Favorite / least favorite Buffy seasons? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 9:41 pm

Mine are almost the same: 6 7 5 4 2 3 1.

I would say I like 4 better than 2 though. Despite Spike's entrance in 2 and the awful Initiative/Adam as the main baddies in 4, there were some standalone episodes that were some of my fav episodes in the series like Something Blue so that and the change in settings to college along with Tara's introduction and seeing much more of Spike pretty much saves 4. I liked 5 and the hellgod Glory as the villain as well along with the episodes like Intervention and I Was Made to Love You.

Now 6 is my fav because I love the Trio. Especially Andrew and Warren. That's the biggest reason I have 7 as my second, because Andrew and a bit of Warren in 7. The Spuffy-ness in 6 is another great reason to love 6. I enjoyed the humor throughout 6 equally mixed with the dark angsty feeling and Dark Willow is just great. Except for the killing Warren part of course.

chickencatch

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jinzouneko
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite / least favorite Buffy seasons?   Favorite / least favorite Buffy seasons? EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 4:31 pm

Ah. That is why I said that 4 and 2 are interchangeable on my list. There were some great things about 4 such as Tara and the beginning of the Spike and Buffy romance in Something Blue. Foreshadowing. I agree about 1 being last because aside from Buffy being less of a 'bitca' and Xander's hair looking much better it is not as grabbing as the rest of the series is. It is still trying to get started, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
https://trio.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite / least favorite Buffy seasons?   Favorite / least favorite Buffy seasons? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite / least favorite Buffy seasons?
Page 1 of 1