Life Serial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Character

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Favorite Character Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Character   Favorite Character EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 4:43 pm

A forum just isn't a forum without the favorite character thread so here you go folks!
Tell us who your favorite character is, what sets them apart from the rest of the cast of characters and their best moments, quotes and episodes.

---

Mine is easily Andrew Wells but with some like towards all of the trio boys and Spike as well.

Andrew is my favorite because he's absolutely hilarious. He brightens up every episode he appears in (especially in season 7 since some of that became pretty angsty even more so than in 6). He's the perfect balance against some of the other cast such as Warren who was the dark and sadistic type and Buffy who was quite dark herself and sometimes too serious.

There are many moments, episodes and quotes that would make my favorites list. Episodes would probably be either 'Storyteller' or 'Life Serial'. Moments I suppose would be in 'Life Serial' when Andrew spray paints the death-star on the side of the trio's van and later in the same episode when he bumps the horn and it plays the Star Wars theme.

For quotes if would actually be a quote from when he appeared in the Angel series.

"Check the view screen, Uhuru. I got twelve Vampyr Slayers behind me, and not one of them has ever dated you."

That line cracks me up every time. lol!

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://trio.darkbb.com
Ravenna Zane
Admin
Ravenna Zane

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Favorite Character Empty
PostSubject: Warren & Andrew FTW!!! XD   Favorite Character EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 4:26 pm

Haha. I agree with you! Andrew is completely awesome. Very Happy

My favs are Warren and Andrew. :XD
They tie for first place.

There were too many really good episodes with them and too many funny quotes and moments to pick just one or two but I can agree with Life Serial as one of my favorites. Storyteller was great.

I loved seeing Warren (ok technically the First as Warren) and Andrew in Never Leave Me too. Smile In fact the whole earlier bit when Andrew comes back to Sunnydale and the First is posing as Warren is pretty funny.

And this is a scene from Smashed that would qualify as one of my fav scenes with them both.
---
(Andrew is suspended à la "mission impossible", stealing a diamond)
WARREN: Dude, what are you doing?
JONATHAN: We're not breaking into Langley here. It's Sunnydale.
ANDREW: Well, you never know what new stuff they have, better safe than-
WARREN: Okay, the security system here is a guy named Rusty. (spins Andrew)
WARREN: Now get up.
ANDREW: Whoa, head rush. Cool.
WARREN: Guys, come on, quit jerking around. (starts cutting glass with a blow torch)
ANDREW: See, that's cool. How come he gets to play with all the cool stuff?
JONATHAN: Because I'm allergic to methane and you're still afraid of hot things?
ANDREW: (pouty) I know.
JONATHAN: Besides, the tank kept making both of us tip over, remember?
WARREN: Got it!
JONATHAN: It's beautiful.
WARREN: Boys, congratulations, Phase One of the plan is now complete. Let's get the hell outta here.
RUSTY: What are you boys doing?
WARREN: Um, we're with a tour group. (pauses) The Get-The-Freeze-Ray tour group. Musta gotten separated.
RUSTY: Museum closed five hours ago.
WARREN: Really?
RUSTY: Uh-huh.
WARREN: Huh! Guess we just lost track of time, we should probably get the *freeze ray* out of here now. 'Cause we love the learning, Rusty. Museums, libraries, Disney Hall of Presidents ... not boring. But more to the point? Good-bye.
(Jonathan shoots Rusty with the freeze ray)
WARREN: Dude, that is so cool!
ANDREW: The freeze ray totally worked.
JONATHAN: Yeah, uh, not exactly.
WARREN: So there's a kink or two. It's just a prototype. I mean, soon we'll have-
JONATHAN: Hey, that's really neato and stuff, but in the meantime, you know ... ow!
WARREN: Be a bigger wuss.
JONATHAN: Can we just go back to the lair? Because ... I can't ... really feel my fingers.
WARREN: Yeah, yeah, come on.
ANDREW: Is he gonna like-
WARREN: Oh, he'll be fine. Yeah, he'll defrost in a couple of days, no harm, no foul.
ANDREW: Won't he tell on us?
WARREN: And say what? 'Two guys and a mime took me out with their freeze ray'? That's likely. Come on!
---

Other than the fact that this was really funny, I loved this scene because we get a good glimpse of Warren's dark personality and mind-set at the same time but on a not so serious setting. I always kind of liked his attitude. Then with Andrew's eccentricities thinking that he has to be all secret-agent like. Lol.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jinzouneko
Zaphod08

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Favorite Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character   Favorite Character EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 5:59 pm

My favorite is one that usually ranks low, Dawn. I just loved the way Michelle played her.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Favorite Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character   Favorite Character EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 6:47 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums Zaphod08! Very Happy

Dawn does often get a bad wrap. She's an alright character. Not in my absolute favorites but she doesn't deserve the hate she seems to get so often. I always thought it was endearing how kiddish she was and the only time she really annoyed me was in season 5 here and there and parts of 6. By season 7 I think she matured a lot.

Michelle is a very talented actress. She did a wonderful job portraying Dawn. I remember watching her years ago in Harriet the Spy and some of her other work prior to Buffy. Seems like forever ago already.

Back to top Go down
Ravenna Zane
Admin
Ravenna Zane

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Favorite Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character   Favorite Character EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 12:34 am

Warren doesn't deserve the hate he gets either. Yes he tried to kill the slayer, but he's a villain! Spike, Angel and a bunch of others tried to kill Buffy but they don't get so much hate for it.

As for Tara, he didn't mean to hurt her. He didn't even know he hit her until much later. It's unfair the way so many Buffy fans label him badly and the majority of the reason is because of her, when that was an accident.

Katrina was a pain. I was hoping she would get killed the first episode she appeared in. She was a totally unlikable character imo. And to be completely fair about it, he honestly didn't try to kill her on purpose. The fact that she was hypnotized and everything, can be blamed on all three of them. They went equally into that one.

I think the whole reason Warren really had it out for Buffy, was because he blamed her for Katrina leaving him and he really loved Katrina. He was trying hard to get her to take him back and it seems like he just went way too far trying to get her back by controlling her mind and forcing her to come back.

So while it's true that he did go about it the wrong way, I have to look at him and feel more sorry for him because of it. Because I think the way the entire thing started out was simply because he wanted Katrina back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jinzouneko
Admin
Admin
Admin

Favorite Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character   Favorite Character EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 6:11 pm

That is true. He was supposed to be a villain. I think the only reason he gets as much hate as he does is simply for the fact of Tara. In the end that is the main reason people dislike him. That and he did shoot Buffy and she did technically die but somehow I think people cared more about Tara.

I didn't like Katrina either by the way. I doubt anyone did. laughy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character   Favorite Character Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Character
Page 1 of 1